While the Silhouette Studio app is no longer considered beta, it's still relatively limited in its functions, especially compared to what Silhouette users are used to. It's definitely nothing in comparison to the powerful desktop version of the Silhouette Studio editing software.
In it's current version, here is a list of functions you can do in the Silhouette Studio Mobile App:
- Open some recently downloaded designs from the Silhouette Design Store
- Group and Ungroup
- Duplicate a Shape
- Change the Line Color of a Shape
- Flip a Shape Vertically or Horizontally
- Rotate a Shape by 90 degree increments
- Scale a Shape (adjust the size of the shape, no exact dimensions are given)
- Open various default shapes eg, square, circle, star, heart, smiley face, banners
- Draw a line, draw a free hand shape
- Delete a Shape
- Type and size text (one font only)
- Add grid lines to the work area
- Snap to Grid
- Save designs you've created in Silhouette Studio Mobile to "User Designs" folder
- Change the Page Size
- Change the Material Size
- Select the Material Type
- Send Design to cut or sketch
Do you plan to use the Silhouette Studio Mobile App? If so, how and when? What features do you hope are added to future versions? Leave a comment below.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on them and purchasing products through my links, I receive a small commission. That's what helps fund Silhouette School so I can keep buying new Silhouette-related products to show you how to get the most out of your machine!
Thanks for coming to class today at Silhouette School. If you like what you see, I'd love for you to pin it!
Get Silhouette School lessons delivered to your email inbox! Select Once Daily or Weekly.